Saturday, January 30, 2016

What's In My Bag?


My everyday carry

Hi everyone! 

I thought for this post I would let you see my every day carry and show you how I use the two planners that I take with me wherever I go. I always have fun seeing what people carry in their bags and wallets- I think it reminds me of summers with my sister when we would spend our days spying on our neighbors :)
Right now my go to bag is a DKNY black Saffiano Leather tote that I bought at TJMaxx. I love this bag! It's big enough to carry all my every day planner supplies and other essentials and still has room for me to throw in a water bottle or a snack for my daughter.Here's what's in my bag:
1. My black Midori Traveler's Notebook. This is what I use for all my personal planning and has the main calendar for the family. It currently has three inserts. The first is the 2016 monthly calendar on 2 pages from Midori. I use this to write down all upcoming events. The second insert is a Midori grid insert that I use as a bullet journel. It's in this book that I plan out each day. I generally fill this out the night before but occasionally I'll fill a few days out at a time particularly if I have alot of things coming up that I don't want to forget. In these cases I keep some blank space after each day where I can fill in additional tasks as needed. I draw an empty circle by the heading for each day and I color that in only after I have finished all tasks so I can quickly look through the book and identify if there are days that have outstanding items that need to be followed up on. My last insert in this book in my journl where I record information that I will likely want to refer to in the future- lists of books to read, Christmas card lists, gift ideas, inspiring quotes etc.

How I set up my Midori Traveler's Notebook
The inside of my Midori Traveler's Notebook.

2. A second travelers notebook that I made myself out of turquoise leather. This notebook only contains two inserts. The first is a grid bullet journal ordered from My Life All In One Place. In this insert I keep lists of ideas for my blog and for dashboards I want to design. I also keep notes on articles that I read. Because I just started my journey into blogging I feel like I have so much to learn and I like to take all my notes in one place where I can easily refer back to them. The second book is a Midori 2016 weekly insert. The left side has the days of the week where I write down the specific actions that I took that day regarding my artwork, social media, blog or Etsy shop. The right side is a grid where I list out specific actions that I have identified to finish that week and I check them off as I finish. If I do not finish an identified task I export it to the next week if it is still relevent or draw a line through it if it is no longer needed.

DIY Travelers Notebook set up as a blog planner.
My art and blog planner.

3. A Kipling pouch (AC7376) in black. I love this pouch because it has two sections and zipper closure. It also has a wrist strap which I attached to the strap of may bag for extra security. On one side of this I carry my checkbook, stamps, debit card, ID, receipts and other papers I need . On the other side I have my pens (Two Hi-Tec Coleto pens- each pen has 4 refillable ink cartridges so I have 8 different colors with me when I'm on the go. Two Pigma Micron pens- .03 and .05. A Zebra 0.5 stainless steel mechanical pencil. A Pentel Clic retractable eraser), lipstick and lip balm.


Kipling pouch filled with every day planner essentials.
The inside of my Kipling pouch.

4. Faux leather document envelope from Target. This is how I carry whatever dashboard designs that I am currently working on. I think it's important to have these with me wherever I go. Inevitably on the days that I leave this home to save space in my bag I end up with time on my hands that could have been used for drawing.


Document envelope used for art supplies.
I've learned from experience that is best to always carry supplies to draw.

5. Thrown at the bottom of my bag you will find my iPhone 6, EpiPen  and keys.

There you go! Now you know what's in my bag.If you have any questions about what I carry or if you would like to share what you carry leave a message below. I'd love to hear from you!









No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top